Our organization could not exist without volunteers. As a private, nonprofit organization, we rely on the assistance of caring and hard-working volunteers in all of our programs. We rely on our volunteers to host offsite adoption events each week, walk the dogs, and to operate our Have A Heart Thrift Shop. There are numerous ways to volunteer your time so we can save more dogs and cats from the Kill List.
You MUST be 18 years old or older to volunteer in the shelter. If you are over 16, you can volunteer at our offsite events.
If you are seeking community service hours for a pending or completed court case, please contact us at 706-569-6040. Do not fill out a volunteer application or register for volunteer orientation.
Volunteers are required to:
- attend an orientation
- commit to a minimum of 6 hours of volunteer work per month
- treat animals in our care with kindness and concern for their welfare
- represent themselves and AAR in a professional manner and treat clients, staff, and other volunteers with respect
- purchase an Animal Ark Rescue t-shirt for $20
- see the Read-n-Purr program - Designed for elementary students to read and socialize with our cats
- if 16-18, you can volunteer at our offsite events
March 2, 2017 @ 5pm
April 6, 2017 @ 5pm
“No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted."
"The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others."
How you can help...
Here is a list of ideas for how you can help:
- Donate (check to see if your company has a matching gift program)
- Come to one of our events
- Donate a vehicle for our transport team
- Bring us an item from our wish list
- Sponsor a pet
- Follow us on Instagram
- Become a Facebook fan
- Organize a supply drive at your organization, school, or church